Gambling revenue in the Danish market increased 7.9% year-on-year in 2022, with regulator Spillemyndigheden reporting a rise across all sectors.
Total revenue for the year stood at DKK6.72bn (£801.3m/€903.1m/$969.2m), which was up from DKK6.23bn in the previous 12-month period.
Online casino remained the primary source of gambling revenue in the country during the year, with this sector generating DKK2.90bn in revenue, a year-on-year increase of 3.2%.
Of this total, 73.4% came from online slot machines, 8.2% roulette, 7.2% blackjack, 3.5% bingo and 3.2% other games. Spillemyndigheden noted that 61.1% of online casino revenue came from mobile, while 38.9% was generated by computer-based igaming.
Elsewhere, sports betting revenue also increased by 3.9% to DKK2.32bn, with 62.5% from mobile, 10.8% computer and 26.7% retail shops.
Land-based slots revenue jumped 47.6% to DKK1.15bn for the year, with the majority of this revenue (77.3%) coming from dedicated slots halls and the other 22.7% from slot machines in restaurants across Denmark.
Spillemyndigheden also reported a 58.6% rise in revenue from licensed land-based casinos to DKK3490m, primarily due to the removal of all Covid-19 restrictions that were placed on gambling venues in the previous year.
Meanwhile, Spillemyndigheden published figures for the country’s Rofus self-exclusion scheme, with the total number of consumers to have registered having increased by 27.8% to 38,921 by the end of 2022.
Of those who have registered, 75.4% are male and 24.6% female, while 66.1% of players on Rofus excluded themselves permanently from gambling.
Source: Read Full Article